Friday 13 September 2013

Kerry's Chitter Chatter #22

Welcome to this wet and windy Friday. I think autumn is definitely on its way but I love autumn. Unlike winter, autumn is full of bright changing colours and I love the rain when I haven't got to go out in it. So how has everyone's first week been since the kids returned to school? Mine has been bliss and I never realised how much I actually missed the school run until it started again. I had missed everyone and it's so nice to get out the house at least twice a day again! The 3 year old's nursery teachers came for a visit Tuesday. He will be starting October 8th and I cannot wait for that. I know he will love it and it means I will only be left entertaining the 2 year old each morning. That can be easily done!




Well it was a double celebration in our house on Sunday. My daughter turned 11 and my son turned 2. On Saturday for their birthday treat we went to Cadbury World. After a stressful screaming and arguing 2 and a half hour drive, we arrived at Cadbury World and met the rest of the family there. Now, I am not entirely sure what I was expecting but what we got, I wasn't. I am not saying I never enjoyed it and I am glad we went BUT I was left feeling a little disappointed and I wouldn't go back. I suppose what I was expecting was something along the lines of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Ridiculous, I know but that has to be everyone's dream don't you think? I wanted to see a chocolate river and a boat and a room which shrunk! I was well disappointed I didn't see any Oopma Loompas too. I know, I am such a kid. The history was interesting and we went on a car ride but that was basically it... oh and spent a fortune in the gift shop but the chocolate was HALF PRICE. The kids enjoyed it so that was the main thing.

Last night I attended my eldest son's (14) award evening at school as he was due to receive an award for physical education. It was a long evening but the awards that were given were amazing and the school had a very successful exam pass rate and sixth form graduate. My son is very into his sports and I believe he will go far. I am very proud. My 11 year old daughter received her 'moving into secondary school' pack this week and from next week we will be looking at secondary schools to start next September. That is a very scary thought. She's still my baby! I am really only interested in 2 schools and that is the one on our door step and the one my eldest son currently attends.

So, despite the kids returning to school this week I haven't really done any writing because I have been so busy with housework, home visits, school runs, brownies, award evenings and shopping but I am hoping to put all my all into it this weekend. I am also considering releasing a new book which is an old book of mine but it still needs editing etc and now my printer is playing up! I just have to decide which one to do. Decisions!!

Did you see my interview on Welcome to the Limelight on Sea-anan Empire by author, Jessica Kong? Here it is just in case you didn't ~ http://seaanan.com/2013/09/11/welcome-to-limelight-kerry-frith/ 

1.  Please tell us the name of your book.  Cocktails & Tattoos series.
2.  What genre do you write in?  Romance
3.  Tell us a little about your book?  Follow Harley-May Reid as she finds love, goes travelling, embraces marriage and takes on parenthood in this four book series. These will have you laugh, cry and cringe, as you witness firsthand what it’s like to be Harley, the east London tattooist with a blue mouth and very hot husband.
4.  Is your book a short story, novel, and/or a part of a series?  Four book series. Currently writing a fifth.
5.  Are you self-published?  Yes, I’m self-published.
6.  What aspect of your book sets it apart from others in your genre?  The comedy, the accident prone nature and the bad swear words Harley constantly likes to use.
7.  Where do you get your inspirations for your books?  Inspiration comes from everywhere. I could be washing up or driving through a beautiful countryside & wham! All of a sudden I think that can make a good story! My imagination runs wild. I have so many ideas, I think my head will burst.
8.  How long did it take you to write your book?  I’d say three months on average but I’m not entirely sure. These were so easy to write. They practically wrote themselves because I knew exactly where I wanted to take them and how it should end.
9.  Who are your favorite characters in the book? Why?  Harley, the main character. She makes me laugh. You can’t help but love her. She reminds me a lot of myself. Big Bruce, Harley’s dad. He is such a larger then life character, you know when he is around. Emma and Lewis. You cannot beat loyal best friends.
10.  Have you ever killed off a character you were attached to?  If so, how did you feel while you wrote the scene?  No and not sure I have the heart to…
11.  What is next on your agenda?  My first standalone book is being published next month, called Handbags at Dawn. That is something to fill the gap while I write the fifth book in the Cocktails & Tattoos series, called Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches.


I am finally reading again ~ yay! I have started Best Man by Kristan Higgins and I am enjoying it. It's about a girl called Faith who was due to marry her childhood sweetheart but got jilted at the alter because he was gay so she left town to start a new life in San Francisco. The book then picks up 3 & a half years later when she returns to her home town to lay those ghosts to rest. So far it has me hooked. It's funny and Faith is very likable, let alone the sexy chief of police. I have loved every Kristan Higgins book so far so I am sure I will like this one to. 



AUTHOR OF THE WEEK 


Zushka Biros
  
Zushka Biros, born in New England in the middle of the 1960's, spent 20 years in the desert of Arizona. Finding inspiration in the red rocks of Sedona, Zushka's journey into journaling began over thirteen years ago. During a period of soul-searching, her life story began to unfold in her daily writings. A survivor, Zushka's life story is one of personal inspiration. For more info on Zushka, a sympnoisis on her new book "Let's Try This Again" and links then check out my author of the week post ~ https://www.facebook.com/notes/kerry-frith-author/author-of-the-week-22-zushka-biros/562582743803665

Until next time ~ Kerry

Random fact #22 ~ Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different. Did you know that?

Kerry Frith Author Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment