Monday 2 June 2014

***I don't look back - Unless there's a good view***

Well it's been a while since I blogged but I can safely say I have been totally rushed off my feet, or finger tips seeing as I type and not run. Anyway, I blog with news. In fact there's so much going on, I really do need to share it before I burst.

Firstly, let me start with a thank you to all those that downloaded April's Busman Holiday (Maxwell Mysteries #1). I hope you enjoyed reading it and I thank those who have taken the time to review it. It has gained five 5 shiny gold star reviews so far and I couldn't be happier.


 
If you have read it and enjoyed it and don't mind taking a minute to review on Amazon, I would very much appreciate it. Also... to those that don't have a Kindle or Kindle app, you'll be pleased to know, it will soon be available in paperback. My first ever paperback might I add. The proof copy has just arrived and I love it. I'm so excited. They will be available to purchase from Amazon but I will also be doing my own order so you will be able to order a signed copy direct from me. More details on this once I have been through the proof copy and approved it.


In the meantime, you can still download an eCopy from Amazon for your Kindle or Kindle App on the following links for just £1.99/$3.34 ~

Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

Also available on all other Amazon sites around the world.

So book 2.... How to catch a Jewel Thief is complete. This picks up on the same day book 1 ends and is packed with more funnies, mysteries and mishaps by our lovable detective April. I will soon be sending it to stage two of editing and ordering a proof copy and should be available later on this year.

Why the delay? Well I have other things in the pipeline that I would like to be getting on with but it's complete so that's the main thing. For now, I will leave you with the gorgeous cover, designed by my very own mum and the freshly squeezed blurb.



As the sun sets across London, DI April Maxwell arrives back from three week’s leave but she’s barely through her front door when she receives a phone call to say a top notch jewellers has been robbed in Piccadilly.

Abounding her unpacking because there’s always tomorrow, April jumps back in her car and races across London to where she is needed. Before she knows it, she finds herself knee deep in another case and the closest she thinks she gets to solving it, the further away she becomes.

With a forever thickening plot and too many suspects to get her head around, April finds herself distracted by a sexy fireman, a stalking cat and who the hell keeps parking in her space outside her flat? There’s only so much April can take but not before she catches a jewel thief. 

Accents and British spelling are used for this book.



Other work... 

Cocktails & Tattoos series... anyone remember that series? Surely you couldn't forget the blue mouthed Harley-May and her sexy doctor husband Spike?

I'm just about to embark on a revamp of the whole series with new covers in the run up for the 5th book in the series Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches. You never know, paperbacks may be coming your way too!

The new covers are absolutely stunning and I can't wait to show you them. I will be holding a reveal very soon!

I did plan on publishing Birthday Cake this May but then I got to meet April and she took over my life. Do not fear though, Harley and Spike fans... they will be back this summer and I'm sure they will not disappoint. I will leave you with the blurb in case you missed it.


Blurb


Harley and Spike are back for a fifth book in the Cocktails & Tattoos series.

Spike is turning forty and what better way to celebrate then taking all the family off to Bora Bora for a fortnight. It sounds like the perfect plan but of course, whilst the location is every bit perfect, it’s going to be anything but, as trust is broken, tempers fly, secrets are revealed and family bonds destroyed. They are sure to be in for one hell of a fortnight and will there be any going back for Harley or has she burnt her bridges forever. 

Christmas novel... well that just seems a bit silly to be talking about now, doesn't it? I mean, I've tried writing a Christmas novel in the summer and it just doesn't feel write when the weather outside is glorious and I'm writing about snow, Christmas trees and bubbles. It's like you have to have the whole Christmas atmosphere to write it in but then you'd be waiting years for my first completed Christmas novel if that was the case so I must bite the bullet and let that be next on the agenda (behind Birthday Cake of course).

So, I have three Christmas novels that I have made a dent in. Now it's a case of which one I go with and complete in time for this year's yule tide. Don't worry, I will put a Christmas movie on just to get me in the mood and of course, it will be funny, entertaining and contain lots of mishaps so keep your eyes peeled for that.

I also may chuck a novel out there that I wrote a while ago. It's something different and not written like my others. It does need editing and it depends on my mood but you never know. It's worth a try and I think you might like it. 

Remember you can keep up-to-date with my work via Facebook Kerry Frith Author Page if you don't want to wait for another blog post and you can find all my books available for download from Amazon and Amazon Author Central.     

No comments:

Post a Comment