Sunday 15 December 2013

****REVIEW**** iHeart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk

Christmas fairy tale of New York.

I totally fell in love with iHeart New York, the first in the iHeart series and I rushed to read the rest. When I reached the last one, I was left devastated. No more Angela, sexy men, crazy friends OR New York! When I found out that iHeart Christmas was coming out, I jumped up and down, clapped my hands and squealed like a girl (yes I am a girl but apparently that is up for discussion!) These are by far my favorite chick lit series. I have become a big fan of Lindsey and her way of writing and now I can safely say I have read every single one of her books and LOVED them. I stalk the internet waiting for news!

I really couldn't wait to sink my teeth into iHeart Christmas and I wasn't left disappointed. In true Angela Clarke style, Christmas is anything but planned and she so reminds me of me. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not but bottom line is, you can't help but love this girl!

So Angela has this perfect Christmas planned, her very own fairy tale of New York. She is like a kid in a toy shop and it's going to be brilliant. A week off work to spend with Alex and to do all the Christmassy things that you do in New York like ice skating and shopping and she cannot wait to put up the huge Christmas tree despite Alex telling her not yet! But of course, she is never going to get that, is she, because this is Angela and there is ALWAYS something that happens.... like surprise visits, falling out with friends, returning enemies, major changes at work and at home and Angela's head is all over the place but in true Angela fashion, things turn upside downside before turning UP again, thanks to her lovable husband Alex.

I absolutely iHeart this book. The humor is back with a bang and it was fantastic to catch up with all the characters. It's like re visiting old friends. Angela is by far my favorite character just because she reminds me of me. Nothing ever goes to plan in my life and I am forever hurting myself. I'm not sure I like Jenny or not but she never fails to entertain and I love James Jacobs. He always puts a smile on my face, The ending was very soppy and romantic but we all want that, don't we? DON'T WE? I know I do!! This book had me wanting to jump on the next plane out to New York to spend Christmas there and I so would if I could afford it, believe me. Oh well, maybe one day *sigh*

I really do hope there is more to come from the iHeart series. I would love to be there when Angela and Alex become parents. Now that would make some funny shit. I would also like to see Jenny settle down too and Angela's mum really does remind me of someone close to me.

I give this fantastic festive read 5 gold shiny stars and recommend you read it NOW. Right now. Go on, what are you waiting for? Go download... You still here? *tut-tut*

You don't have to read the previous iHeart books to read this one but I think it would help greatly if you did. It will help you understand Angela more and to know her back story of how she ended up in New York in the first place. These books are definitely one to read. Come on, 'tis the season to be jolly, gift them to a loved one OR even better - yourself. I so would if I didn't already have them!! Here is the order of reading and all the links you'll need ~


iHeart New York ~  £2.48 Kindle


iHeart Hollywood ~  £2.99 Kindle


iHeart Paris ~  £2.99 Kindle


iHeart Vegas ~ £3.77 Kindle

iHeart London ~ £3.99 Kindle



iHeart Christmas ~  £3.56 Kindle


Now get downloading!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment