Friday 20 March 2015

☆★☆Read all about it☆★☆




Hattie's Adventures #1 ~ The Poisoned Pie paperback proof copy is on its way and should be here by next week, which means it could be with you VERY soon. I know, exciting! I just loved writing this one and it took no time at all. Two weeks in fact! I love all the characters and I'm sure you will too. This is the start of a series so you will get to see more of Hattie, Joe, Charlie and the rest of the residents of Castleford. 

Here's the blurb ~

Hattie Carter was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She witnessed something she shouldn’t have and it changed her life overnight.

Now it’s time for Hattie to move on except it's not that easy when she's receiving death threats. On the advice of the DCI in charge, she finds herself in the exquisite village of Castleford in Wiltshire where the cottages are cosy, the locals friendly and never mind the charming Lord Ethan Parks and local sexy but grumpy DI Joe Walsh. Hattie starts to think maybe it's not so bad after all. 

There's no sirens, smog or traffic and even the birds seem chirpier but when there’s a murder in the village, Hattie finds herself curious as to who poisoned Hillary Bishop.  She has her suspicions but can she prove who did it all the while DI Walsh is keeping a very close eye on her?  



So, this week, while I was at a loose end (I always feel at a loose end when I finish writing a book; it's that feeling of what to do next), I decided to jump right in and re-edit How to catch a jewel Thief (Maxwell Mysterious #2). Tomorrow I am ordering the paperback proof copy so I am hoping to give you a release date for the summer very soon. I loved re-reading it and catching up with April since she's been back in London. 


As the sun sets across London, DI April Maxwell arrives back from three week’s leave but she’s barely through her front door when she receives a phone call to say a top notch jewellers has been robbed in Piccadilly.

Abounding her unpacking because there’s always tomorrow, April jumps back in her car and races across London to where she is needed. Before she knows it, she finds herself knee deep in another case and the closest she thinks she gets to solving it, the further away she becomes.

With a forever thickening plot and too many suspects to get her head around, April finds herself distracted by a sexy fireman, a stalking cat and who the hell keeps parking in her space outside her flat? There’s only so much April can take but not before she catches a jewel thief.     

Accents and British spelling are used for this book.

Then once I'd done that, I found myself at another loose end. The choices; 

1) Write.
2) Read.
3) Write.
4) Watch TV.
5) Write.

I decided to write of course but then it was a case of what? The choices;

1) Finally complete Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches (Cocktails & Tattoos #5)
2) Get on with Maxwell Mysteries book #3 ~ Death at the chocolate factory
3) Make a start on Hattie's Adventures #2

I went with Maxwell Mysteries book #3. I thought while that's fresh in my mind and because I was already three chapters in, it was my best bet so while I wait for all the proof copies to arrive, that's what I will be doing. I don't have any other details on book #3 yet like the blurb but it's pretty much in the title ~ Death at the chocolate factory. It picks up a couple of weeks after book #2 and you will get to see April do what she does best ~ make a wally of herself whilst solving crime.

I am considering a Q&A time but I'm worried no one will ask me anything. If you think this sounds like a good idea, then send me a question. 

Remember for up-to-date info, like my Facebook page. 








  


No comments:

Post a Comment