Thursday 25 July 2013

Kerry's Chitter Chatter #16

I must start with a huge congratulations to William and Kate on the birth of their baby boy, weighing a whooping 8lb 6oz. I was way off. I predicted a girl weighing around 5-6lb because Kate’s bump was so tiny. The new prince has been named George Alexander Louis and will be known as Prince George of Cambridge. Six King George's have worn the crown since German-born George I, the first Hanoverian king of Great Britain, acceded to the throne in 1714. I was looking at photos last night and I thought that baby is totally obvious of how special he really is and what he has been born into. Of course he will grow up not knowing any different but it is such a big thing for England and I couldn’t be prouder. The birth of the baby prince means the monarchy has three generations of heirs to the throne for the first time since 1894. The last time the monarch met her great-grandson was when Queen Victoria was alive at the same time as her son Edward (later Edward VII), his son George (later George V) and his son Edward.  Now I am not a royalist at all but I am fan of William and Harry and hope you are with me when I wish them all the best for the future with their new addition.

So, sports day, you will never guess who came second? That’s right ~ blue team, after me saying last week they never win. This is the closest they have ever come. My eldest son took part in the parent’s race, although I say parent’s race but it’s made up with teachers, parents, ex-pupils and current year six pupils. My son ran for ex-pupils. They came second. Teachers came first. It was fun to watch. My daughter’s relay race also won on Friday and my daughter came second in the sprint. She is our little whippet. She clearly doesn’t take after me.  

Who saw or heard the storms Monday night? I thought I was imagining it when I saw the lightening light up my bedroom. I checked my husband’s phone, thinking it was that, which caused the light but then the thunder came and boy did it rain. My one year old was terrified. I think it was probably his first experience of a real storm.  It has since left the air muggy and humid. Apparently there are more to come this weekend but of course there would be seeing as we are going away.


Count down to Handbags at Dawn ~ 14 days to go! Who’s excited? I know I am! Remember you can join my online release party by clicking on the following link. https://www.facebook.com/events/528376947210574/

I haven’t managed much writing this week, nor reading. My mind just hasn’t been in the right frame, probably on over-load with so much going on. I started reading I’ve got your number by Stephanie Bond. It was a freebie kindle download. I am only on chapter 3. It’s OK. It’s not that it’s bad or anything, I just haven’t been doing much of anything. I do have my wish list at the ready though, to download Friday and take away with me. They include Starr Fated, September Tango, Under The Sun and Summer Heat. Of course I probably won’t read all of them but it’s always good to be prepared isn’t it? That and the fact that I can’t decide which I would prefer so it’s safer to just download them all. I also plan on taking my laptop with me so if the need takes me I can write.

Friday is going to be a crazy day for me. You are probably aware I am going away Saturday so from today, its operation Start Preparing. I plan to go through all the kids’ clothes and work out what they have and need then Friday from the moment I open my eyes its all systems go. It’s my daughters Girl Guides and Brownies activity day from 12:30 to 5:15 so I need to drop them off for that, which is an hour’s drive away then it’s shopping. Getting everything in for our holiday and packing. I also want to get my hair cut. I fancy a change. I have changed my hair colour. I have gone from pillar box red to shocking pink. My sister-in-law called me a chameleon. It’s good to be different.


Welcome this week’s author of the week…. Crystal Smith-Connelly. Crystal is a twisted playwright from Charleston, SC and author of For I Am Zeus: A Collection of Plays About Greek Mythology and Never Trust an Angel and Other Plays. For Crystal’s full bio, to read a book teaser and for contact info and links to purchase her books, click the following link ~ https://www.facebook.com/notes/kerry-frith-author/author-of-the-week-blog-16-crystal-smith-connelly/538576266204313 


So, I am not here next week so there will be no blog or author of the week. I thought seeing as I am taking a break, I’d give you all a break from my chitter chatter too. My admin Carol will still be on the page every day posting freebies and keeping you all entertained. Just contact her if you want to know anything. I hope you all have a great week and I will see you all when I return.

I would like to finish with wishing my friend who is getting married on Friday a wonderful enjoyable day and congratulations to her and her husband on taking their wedding vows. I am sure they will have a memorable day and I can’t wait to see the photos.

Until next time ~ Kerry.

Random fact #16 ~ It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear. That’s a whole load of 46 and one hell of a coincidence. 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kerry-Frith-Author/418807201514554

No comments:

Post a Comment