Friday 9 August 2013

Kerry's Chitter Chatter #17

Guess who is back… did you miss me? I hope so! How is everyone’s summer going? Our holiday was nice. It was good to get away although it wasn’t nice coming home to all that washing especially when the tumble dryer decided to give up the ghost the day after we got back. Very frustrating. Just as well, the weather has been nice to hang it out.

On our first day of holiday, well I say first day but really it was mere minutes after arriving, we lost two of the kids. Completely my husband’s fault. At least I only lose items and not humans. We pulled up outside the reception and the kids wanted to go to the toilet so they got out of the car and my husband told me to drive around to the accommodation and he will wait for the kids and walk around. Well he only came back with three of the five kids that went to the toilet and it was another ten minutes before anyone realised two were actually missing. I kept asking where they were and they kept telling me in the car, so after the third time of asking and being told the same thing I went out to the car. Of course they were not there then it dawned on my husband that he had forgotten them and everyone went into panic and rushed off to search for them. Don’t worry, they were found safe and sound and in the same place, they were left. On the same day, we decided to walk to the site next door to the chip shop but we had to walk along the beach to get to it… and it would be thunder and lightning that night. We got absolutely soaked. On a happy note, we won the family quiz and two of my kids entered the talent show. Unfortunately they didn’t win for the simple fact that when siblings enter they don’t like to play them off against each other in case one gets upset but they both did brilliantly and for them to have the balls to get up there in the first place and sing in front of strangers just makes them winners anyway.  

One night I went to bed at midnight, leaving my husband, fourteen-year-old son and his friend playing cards. At two am, they thought it would be funny to wake me up. They opened the bedroom door, chucked stuffed birds at me, and legged it. I was not amused but it was OK. Revenge was going to be sweet and it was. Just six hours later, I woke them up with water over their heads; I nicked their bedcovers and hid their underwear. Oh, I had the last laugh all right and come that night, they were shattered. Mission accomplished. I don’t think they will be in a hurry to try anything like that again.  Over all we had a nice holiday, the accommodation was spacious and the kids loved the freedom. There was a good park and nice swimming pool. They made loads of friends. The week went quick but it felt like we had been away for ages. I was pleased to come home.

So while I was away I didn’t get much reading done like I had planned but I did start reading Starr Fated by G. E. Griffin. I am currently on 50% and I am enjoying it. Whilst it has your typical rich businessman and poor little virgin it is nothing like all the books that have tried to follow Mr Grey and Gideon Cross, which is a good thing. I mean there is only so much of that, I can read, and to be honest I haven’t really enjoyed them. This is a bit different. It has been a bit predictable on my part but I like it and now the editing of Handbags at Dawn is finished, I look forward to finishing it. I need to finish it so I can start the third book in the Stark series.

I took the kids to see Monsters University on Wednesday. From what I saw, I enjoyed it.  This film takes us back to before Mike and Sully met. Mike’s lifelong ambition is to become a scarier and while he works extremely hard to make it, the privileged Sulley just breezes in and steals the limelight until he begins to falter. At the final exam, Mike and Sulley's rivalry causes them both to fail and they are dropped from the program. Mike decides to prove himself by entering the Scare Games. Seeing the competition as his ticket back into the scare program Sulley also joins and Mike reluctantly accepts. Mike also makes a deal with Dean Hardscrabble, who remains sceptical, to re-admit their entire team to the scaring program if they win, whereas if they lose, Mike must leave Monsters University for good. The film is fun, funny, and entertaining but unfortunately, I missed the last half an hour due to a certain three year old playing up. I cannot wait to see Disney’s new film Planes. That looks really good and I can never resist a good Disney film.

Handbags at Dawn ~ who has downloaded their copy?  Due to a planned power cut in my area today, I decided to bring the release a day forward because let’s face it; we would rather have it early then late wouldn’t we? It has been a long old progress and so much has gone into this book. I just hope everyone likes it and I would love to hear your thoughts and feelings on it. Remember, the best way to reward an author is to write a review. I am nervous as hell as you guys only know me for my Cocktails & Tattoos series. This is my first book since them and to be fair I have learnt a lot in a short space of time. I was perhaps a bit naïve in the beginning and went in with my eyes closed but now my eyes are fully open and I hope I have blossomed. I think I have. A bit, maybe.   

You can find Handbags at Dawn on Amazon for Kindle and Kindle app by clicking on the following links. Also, thanks to a very helpful author who kindly formatted my document, you can purchase it from Smashwords too so those with Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions & other ereader devices, just click the link to purchase your copy.



This week’s author of the week is…. ME! Well why not take advantage of my own services and what better way to plug my new book. Click the following link for my bio, some random facts, a teaser of Handbags at Dawn, and what is next for this author. https://www.facebook.com/notes/kerry-frith-author/author-of-the-week-blog-post-17-kerry-frith/545805892148017

Author of the week slots are now full until February/March. The response has been amazing and the slots filled up quick. If you are interested in a slot, then you can still reserve one but it will not be until next year.

Until next time ~ Kerry.

Random fact #17 ~ Our fingers get wrinkly in water because wrinkled fingers would give us stronger grip on slippery objects underwater. How many people will be trying this later?


No comments:

Post a Comment