Friday 16 August 2013

Kerry's Chitter Chatter #18

Another Friday, means another week down, which means another week closer to the kids returning to school. Not that I am counting OR anything. It is draining having them home all day every day and trying to entertain them. Last week we went to an adventure playground in a country park but we spent more time in traffic then we did there and the minute we arrived, my daughter hurt her ankle and my son incurred two injuries so that marked time to come home. This week we went to a different country park and had a good day with friends but now the weather has gone bad so it looks like we are stuck inside. If the weather brightens up after lunch then we might venture out.

Because the kids are off, writing has been hard. Trying to concentrate with kids fighting, constantly asking can I and generally running riot is a nightmare plus I've kinda hit a brick wall. I will be fine once I am able to concentrate and get my flow back. I made a balls up too. I am working on Birthday Cake & Sandy Beaches and lucky enough only reached chapter 5 before I noticed. I had to go back and make amends. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and to be honest, I think it's now better. Each character have their own problems, issues etc and by amending it, instead of just the one story for that character, it's now created two, which means twice the fun to write and twice the fun to read. I am probably not making any sense right now but all will become apparent. I am enjoying being back with Harley and Spike and Bora Bora is beautiful. Now the amendments have been made, hopefully I can crack on. I know I have impatient fans but I love you all :)

Handbags at Dawn. Well I cannot thank my readers enough for purchasing it and leaving a review. I have been over-whelmed with the love and wonderful comments. I was really nervous. It doesn't matter how many books you publish, each time is as nerve wracking as the previous, if not more so. I am so happy you have loved it. Remember, if you have read it and enjoyed it, please leave a review. I love reading those. If you haven't read it yet, then here are the links to purchase your ecopy ~

Amazon UK ~ 
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbags-at-Dawn-ebook/dp/B00EDX06QI/ref=pd_sim_kinc_4

Amazon US ~
http://www.amazon.com/Handbags-at-Dawn-ebook/dp/B00EDX06QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376646623&sr=8-1&keywords=handbags+at+dawn

Smashwords ~
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/345335


I finished reading Starr Fated by G. E. Griffin. I did enjoy it but it was very predictable and I wouldn't say in a good way and I was disappointed with the ending. It was just typical. It was nice to read about places where I am from and I did like the characters. I will read the next in the series. I have started Complete Me, the third in the Stark trilogy but it hasn't gripped me so far so I have been happy to put it down and pick it up at a later time. I have been busy too but I am looking forward to seeing how it ends. I love Nikki and Damien.

AUTHOR OF THE WEEK

This week's author is GAIL WINFREE.

Gail spenT the first half of his life thinking about writing, talking about writing and wanting to be a writer. Now he is going to spend the second half of his life actually writing. In 2010, Gail published his first book of poems and short stores, Things I Remember, which is available on Amazon and other online bookstores. His first novel, Finding What's Lost was published in October 2012. To find out more about this fascinating author, check out my author of the week post on my Facebook page by clicking the following link ~


https://www.facebook.com/notes/kerry-frith-author/author-of-the-week-blog-post-18-gail-winfree/548968625165077


Until next time ~ Kerry.

Random facts #18 ~ Daniel Radcliff who played Harry Potter has more money then Prince Harry. Umm, still I know which one I'd prefer. 

Kerry Frith Author Facebook Page
Kerry Frith Author Twitter
Kerry Frith Author Goodreads page

No comments:

Post a Comment