Thursday 21 November 2013

***REVIEW*** Christmas at the Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond ~ Rated **** stars

Christmas by the sea!

Having already read the Beach Cafe, I was delighted when I found out I could spend Christmas there too!


Being a Lucy Diamond fan, I was so excited and couldn't wait to read this novella. I really enjoyed the Beach Cafe and thankfully not much time had passed since the first book which was great as I didn't feel like I'd missed out.

So it's Evie and Ed's first Christmas together and Evie has this vision of the most romantic Christmas with just her and Ed, long walks along the beach, cosy fires and the perfect recipe book. If only things were that simple. With plans forever changing and completely out of Evie's control, it couldn't be more further away then what Evie had hoped for but it doesn't mean it's any less perfect.

It was fantastic to catch up with the characters from the Beach Cafe and find out how they are getting on. It was brilliant spending Christmas with them too! I love Evie. She does make me laugh and Ed is such a gentleman. I must try the home made Christmas present too!

This little novella (100 Kindle pages) really did warm my heart and get me in the Christmas spirit and I hope to catch up with Evie and Ed again in the not so distant future.

Want to read it? Here's the links ~


If you would like to get to know Evie and Ed a bit more then be sure to download The Beach Cafe.

Evie Flynn has always been the black sheep of her family - a dreamer and a drifter, unlike her over-achieving elder sisters. She's tried making a name for herself as an actress, a photographer and a singer, but nothing has ever worked out. Now she's stuck in temp hell, with a sensible, pension-planning boyfriend. Somehow life seems to be passing her by. Then her beloved aunt Jo dies suddenly in a car crash, leaving Evie an unusual legacy - her precious beach cafe in Cornwall. Determined to make a success of something for the first time in her life, Evie heads off to Cornwall to get the cafe and her life back on track - and gets more than she bargained for, both in work and in love...




The Beach Cafe Amazon.co.uk ~ Kindle £2.99/paperback £4.95
The Beach Cafe Amazon.com ~ Kindle $4.82/paperback $4.49

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment