Friday 29 November 2013

****REVIEW**** Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan ~ rated ***** stars


A very sweet Christmas indeed!

Issy Randall, proud owner of The Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Carolinedon't seem quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forced to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increased demand for her delectable creations - begins to take its toll, Issy has to decide what she holds most dear. 






I really enjoyed the first book, "Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe" so I was delighted when I found out there was going to be a festive follow up. I could not wait to catch up with the characters and find out what they'd been up and I wasn't disappointed. 

This was a nice lighthearted Christmas read with plenty of yummy recipes for you to try. It was very festive which was great and I loved the descriptions of the cafe. I need to find this cafe! Also, New York at Christmas? I wanted to be there! Perhaps it was a bit predictable but I enjoyed it all the same and I would love to see a third book, maybe Issy and Austin's wedding and Issy opening a New York cupcake shop and Pearl actually ditching Ben and getting together with Doti. There is so much potential to carry this on!

If you haven't read "Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe," then I don't think it matters too much because Jenny does remind you of who is who and mentions a bit about their background but I would recommend reading it first because that's just me and I like to do things in order. 

I love Christmas and all the magic it brings. I make it my mission to cram in as many festive reads as I can to help get me in the spirit. This was my third Christmas book so far and it's not even December yet! Also on my Christmas TBR list is Jenny's Christmas at Rosie Hopkins Sweet shop. Again I have read the first one so I am looking forward to spending Christmas with them too.

Want to read them for yourself? Here are the links ~ 


Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe on Amazon.co.uk  ~ £3.49 Kindle/£3.80 paperback

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe on Amazon.com ~ $5.66 Kindle/$8.21 paperback



Ever dreamed of starting over?

Issy Randall can bake. No, more than that - Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes. After a childhood spent in her beloved Grampa Joe’s bakery she has undoubtedly inherited his talent. So when she’s made redundant from her safe but dull city job, Issy decides to seize the moment and open up her own cafĂ©. It should be a piece of cake, right?

Wrong. As her friends point out, she has trouble remembering where she left her house keys, let alone trying to run her own business. But Issy is determined. Armed with recipes posted to her from Grampa, and with her local bank manager fighting her corner, Issy attempts to prove everyone wrong. Following your dreams is never easy and this is no exception. Can Issy do it?



Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe on Amazon.co.uk ~ £4.27 Kindle/£4.49 paperback

Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe on Amazon.com  ~ $6.93 Kindle/$13.49 paperback



  





No comments:

Post a Comment